Back to all Today I want to share with you
This Farmhouse DIY Reversible A-Frame Sign project turned out so cute and is my new favorite! I just love the rustic frame, the art, and the fun funky bow! I just love it, okay? I may need one for every holiday! The was so easy and budget-friendly.
SUPPLIES Needed for the Farmhouse DIY Reversible A-Frame Sign:
- 2 Canvas Panels, I used 8×10
- 6 Paint sticks
- Art Prints (grab mine for free below)
- Waverly Antique Wax or any paint you wish for the frame.
- White and Black acrylic paint for distressing
- Old Gift Card or Craft Scraper
- Paint Brush, Chip Brush
- Sand Paper
- Wire Cutters, Box Cutters to cut the Paint Sticks
- Hot glue gun
Follow this quick video, or read the step-by-step directions below:
- First, lay your paint sticks on the canvas, mark the edge, and cut. Started with the top piece of the frame. Scored with a large wire cutter and snapped the paint stick. Once cut Sand the cut edge if it is rough. Next, cut the 2 side pieces, to create legs let your side pieces hang down the bottom of the canvas for about 3 inches. Use the handle end of the paint stick that has the arched cutouts for a decorative leg. For the last piece, place the side pieces on the canvas, and measured the space between them for the bottom frame piece. Repeat this for the second frame.
- Apply the Waverly antique wax or any other finish you wish. Let dry.
- Print out your art or grab mine from the link below.
- Use Mod Podge to glue art to the canvas panels. Use an old gift card or scraper to smooth out any bubbles and excess mod podge. Let dry.
- Use the Waverly wax and a baby wipe to distress the edges of the art.
- Use a glue gun to attach your frame to the canvas panels.
- Use a chip brush to add some white and black streaks to add distressing and a pop of color to frames and edges of art.
- To create the hinge, lay the canvas panels, back side up, with top edges touching. Lay 2 lines of glue about an inch on the sides of each canvas. Lay a 2-inch piece of jute connecting the two canvas panels.
- To keep the frame from sliding out from the bottom create a locking hinge with a 3” piece of jute, glue it to the inside bottom middle of one canvas then fold the frame and glue it to the other canvas’ inside bottom
- Last, add ribbon, raffia, leaves, etc to your liking to decorate the top corner of the frames.
Free Farmhouse DIY Reversible A-Frame Sign Prints
This Farmhouse DIY Reversible A-Frame Sign is super easy and I just love how it turned out. You can create these for all holidays or make it an everyday decor piece with inspiring quotes. I hope you will get creative and give this a try.
If you love crafting, I’d love for you to join our FREE Facebook group called Crafty Living. It is a safe loving community for DIY crafters. Come share your craft projects, ideas, successes, journey and love for all the creativity things!
Please give us a like, save this for later by pinning it and share with all your friends!
Feel inspired, have a question, or want to share; leave a comment below.
Thanks for stopping by your crafty friend ~ Byrdie
Pin it for later: Farmhouse DIY Reversible A-Frame Sign
Give us a follow:
You might also enjoy
Subscribe to my newletter!
Sign up to receive news and updates. Let’s be #craftyliving together.